Sitting in the doctor’s waiting room, disgusted, watching kids:
- frolic with mangy Lalaloopsies and feral My Little Ponies;
- stab each other with broken shards of Ben 10’s alien alter egos;
- sift amongst the detritus of trashed Trashpacks;
- host smash ’em up derbies with wonky-wheeled matchbox cars and the wrecks of old tank engines;
- craft necklaces out of mysteriously sticky lego heads; or
- dress ancient cabbage patch dolls caked in dirt like chimney-sweeps.
We’ve been there. But not at our clinic.
Kids and spotless rarely go together. But we work hard to keep Banter Speech & Language clean and free of superbugs.
Here’s our proposal:
We promise to clear up, soak, shake out, wash down, scrub off, disinfect, tidy up, deodorise, polish, sterilise, sweep out, scour, launder, vacuum, dust, mop, rinse, sponge, brush, dress, comb, dredge, scrub, bathe, soap, and spruce up our toys and equipment as needed before your child uses it. We promise to throw out (or recycle) broken or irreparably sullied toys and not stash them at the bottom of a toy box. We promise not to charge you extra for accidental damage. (We’ve got kids of our own and know these things happen.)
You promise to keep your kids at home when they’re sick or infectious, wipe their noses, and get them to the bathroom on time. If there is an accident, or if your child breaks a toy in the waiting room, you promise to let us know.
Banter Speech & Language is owned and managed by David Kinnane, a Hanen- and LSVT LOUD-certified speech-language pathologist with post-graduate training in the Spalding Method for literacy, the Lidcombe and Camperdown Programs for stuttering, and Voicecraft for voice disorders. David is also a Certified PESL Instructor for accent modification.
David holds a Master of Speech Language Pathology from the University of Sydney, where he was a Dean’s Scholar. David is a Practising Member of Speech Pathology Australia and a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP).