Speech, language and reading delays and disorders are not rare in Australia.
- 20% of 4 year olds have problems understanding or using language (or both);
- 14% of 15 year olds have only basic literacy skills;
- at least 30% of stroke sufferers have language problems;
- 85% of people with Parkinson’s Disease will encounter voice, speech of swallowing problems; and
- almost 30% of teachers encounter voice problems during their careers.*
Nonetheless, we understand that seeking out help is not easy for everyone and that we can help you better when you feel safe knowing that any information you give us will be treated in confidence.
At Banter Speech & Language, we are committed to using all reasonable lawful efforts to protect your family’s privacy and the confidentiality of your files. Your files – including any audio or video recordings made with your prior permission – are “health records” for the purpose of New South Wales law and will be respected as such.
If you have worried about confidentiality or have any questions about Banter’s confidentiality, please speak with us.
*Statistics from Speech Pathology Australia: http://bit.ly/11iLSE2
Banter Speech & Language is owned and managed by David Kinnane, a Hanen- and LSVT LOUD-certified speech-language pathologist with post-graduate training in the Spalding Method for literacy, the Lidcombe and Camperdown Programs for stuttering, and Voicecraft for voice disorders. David is also a Certified PESL Instructor for accent modification.
David holds a Master of Speech Language Pathology from the University of Sydney, where he was a Dean’s Scholar. David is a Practising Member of Speech Pathology Australia and a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP).