Is your preschooler going to school next year? If so, help your preschooler prepare for school success with our 30-minute, weekly PreLit sessions.
What is PreLit?
PreLit is a systematic, skills-based early literacy program for preschoolers who will be (or might be) starting school in 2019.
The program covers many key predictors of school readiness, including phonemic awareness, letter-sound knowledge, print knowledge, and shared reading strategies. These skills underpin reading, spelling and comprehension skills, and are strong predictors of later school success.
Classes are available 1:1 or in small groups (3-5 preschoolers) on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays during term time.
To book, click here or give us a call on (02) 8757-3838.
For more information about PreLit, and the evidence supporting it, click here.
- Kick-start your child’s reading with speech sound knowledge (phonological awareness)
- Reading with – not to – your preschoolers: how to do it better (and why)
- Preparing your preschooler to learn to read: skills to focus on first
- Teaching the alphabet to your child? Here’s what you need to know
- Do we spend too much time on rhyming books? What else should we do to prepare preschoolers to read?
- Is your child ready for school? Focusing on what matter most
Banter Speech & Language is owned and managed by David Kinnane, a Hanen- and LSVT LOUD-certified speech-language pathologist with post-graduate training in the the PreLit early literacy preparation program by MultiLit, the Spalding Method for literacy, the Lidcombe and Camperdown Programs for stuttering, and Voicecraft for voice disorders. David is also a Certified PESL Instructor for accent modification.
David holds a Master of Speech Language Pathology from the University of Sydney, where he was a Dean’s Scholar. David is a Practising Member of Speech Pathology Australia and a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP).