Many programs (including ours) teach students how to write complex sentences. Other programs focus on text types, like narratives, recounts and procedures. But there are not many good workbooks helping students learn how to write great paragraphs.
Inspired by The Writing Revolution (Hochman & Wexler, 2017), this no-prep workbook is designed to support students of all years/grades to learn how to craft effective paragraphs. It features five, fully scripted modules:
- Module 1: Topic sentence identification
- Module 2: Writing supporting details
- Module 3: Writing strong topic sentences
- Module 4: Writing concluding sentences
- Module 5: Pulling it together: writing strong paragraphs
More than 95 pages in total!
To support people with additional language and learning needs, the modules feature topics that require a minimal amount of background knowledge, and include examples and scaffolds to help model and support students of all abilities.
Looking for additional structured writing resources?
If you haven’t done so already, please check out other volumes in the Think, Then Write Program:
- Think, Then Write Foundations Bundle: writing simple and compound sentences
- Think, Then Write Volume 1: writing compound and complex sentences that require verbal reasoning
- Think, Then Write Volume 3: writing transitions and short reports expressing a personal opinion
- Think, Then Write Volume 4: writing narratives
- Think, The Write Volume 5: compare and contrast objects, to see things from more than one perspective, to brainstorm pros and cons on issues, and to make arguments for and against different topics
- Think, Then Write Volume 6: tackling short answer questions
In early 2022, we will publish Think, Then Write Volume 7: Planning Essays and Assignments.