Is your preschooler going to school next year? If so, help your preschooler prepare for school success with our 30-minute, weekly PreLit sessions.
What is PreLit?
PreLit is a systematic, skills-based early literacy program for preschoolers who will be (or might be) starting school in 2019.
The program covers many key predictors of school readiness, including phonemic awareness, letter-sound knowledge, print knowledge, and shared reading strategies. These skills underpin reading, spelling and comprehension skills, and are strong predictors of later school success.
Classes are available 1:1 or in small groups (3-5 preschoolers) on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays during term time.
To book, email us here or give us a call on (02) 8757-3838.
For more information about PreLit, and the evidence supporting it, click here.
- Kick-start your child’s reading with speech sound knowledge (phonological awareness)
- Reading with – not to – your preschoolers: how to do it better (and why)
- Preparing your preschooler to learn to read: skills to focus on first
- Teaching the alphabet to your child? Here’s what you need to know
- Do we spend too much time on rhyming books? What else should we do to prepare preschoolers to read?
- Is your child ready for school? Focusing on what matter most
Hi there, I’m David Kinnane.
Principal Speech Pathologist, Banter Speech & Language
Our talented team of certified practising speech pathologists provide unhurried, personalised and evidence-based speech pathology care to children and adults in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond, both in our clinic and via telehealth.