In this 21-page free resource, we reference 12 excellent picture books we use regularly in speech and language therapy for preschoolers, with lots of practical tips to make reading more interactive and fun for you and your child.
For each book, we include specific vocabulary suggestions and preschooler-friendly definitions.
Each book has been selected by our speech pathologists to stimulate oral language development and print awareness:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr
- Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
- What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson
- The Very Cranky Bear by Nick Bland
- The Pout Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen
- Alexander’s Outing by Pamela Allen
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
- Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley by Aaron Blabey
- Bertie and the Bear by Pamela Allen
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
We hope you enjoy using this resource with your child!