Introducing ‘Level Up Your Language Skills 3’: the third in our new language learning series of practical no-prep exercises to help students in late primary school and early high school/middle school – and others who would benefit from working on their higher level oral language skills – to acquire higher level oral language and reading comprehension skills needed to succeed at school, at work, and in life.
In this resource, we employ evidence-based practical strategies to help students to understand and to use:
- High frequency homophones for comprehension and spelling.
- Simile comprehension and production.
- High frequency academic vocabulary: linear, cognitive, graph, correlation, linguistic.
- Cultural literacy list: The three orders of classical architecture.
- Metaphor comprehension.
- Idioms: “at a crossroads”.
- Analogical reasoning tasks: A is to B as C is to D.
- Sayings and proverbs: “Every cloud has a silver lining”.
- Divergent naming for creative thinking.
- Language of myths and legends: Pan and panic.
All in all, 47-pages of fully scripted, no-preparation-needed, higher language goodness!
Made for Google Slides and in PDF. Suitable for smart boards and devices, and distance learning.
For access to our related free course on higher level language, check out: Light up language and reading comprehension with these key higher level language skills