You can feel it in the air. You are closing in on the final battle. But. Not. Quite. Yet.
To get to Miss Sunday, you must first outwit her henchmen – the Bear and the Scarecrow – in their scary (but silly) lair. And you’re right to be wary about that broken-down old mare who watches you from the back paddock, For, in the Land of Nowhere, things are not always as they seem…
Set in an abandoned fairground, this is the 11th and penultimate instalment of the Scatter-Slayer’s Extended Code Decodable Adventures, focusing on reading <air> and <are> words like “hair” and “care”. Beware! Take care!
For the first 10 Scatter-Slayer Adventures, check out:
- Book 1 – Don’t Stay! Be Afraid! <ai>, <ay>
- Attack of the Eel Beast <ee>, <ea>
- The Zoo Druid <oo> (moon), <oo> (took), <u_e>
- The Shark Arcade <ar>, <a>
- The Glowing Toad <ow>, <oa>, <oe>
- The Frightening Shy Child <igh>, <y>, <ind>, <ild>
- The Blue-Bruised Newt <ew>, <ui>, <ue>
- The Nervous Furnace Workers’ Well-Earned Liberation <er>, <ur>, <ir>, <wor>, <ear>
- The Awesome Australian Gore-Boar <or>, <ore>, <aw>, <awe>, <au>
- The Spoiled Boy <oi> and <oy>
Hi there, I’m David Kinnane.
Principal Speech Pathologist, Banter Speech & Language
Our talented team of certified practising speech pathologists provide unhurried, personalised and evidence-based speech pathology care to children and adults in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond, both in our clinic and via telehealth.