“When will my late talker start to talk?”
Our most frequently asked question from concerned parents.
Over the years, we’ve posted lots of evidence-based information about this important topic on our website. See our related articles at the end of this post.
But we made this infographic for families to highlight some of the key points.
To read more, check out the full article here.
- Late talkers: kick-start language with these verbs
- Late talkers: how I choose which words to work on first
- Why I tell parents to point at things to help late talkers to speak
- ‘He was such a good baby. Never made a sound!’ Late babbling as a red flag for potential speech-language delays
- I want to help my late talker to speak, but I’m stuck at home. What can I do?
- Does my child have a language disorder? 6 questions speech pathologists should ask before assessment
- How do babies and toddlers choose their first words?
- Are language development and motor development related?
- 6 principles we follow when assessing toddlers for language delays and disorders
- Helping toddlers with their first words – mix it up and make them useful
Hi there, I’m David Kinnane.
Principal Speech Pathologist, Banter Speech & Language
Our talented team of certified practising speech pathologists provide unhurried, personalised and evidence-based speech pathology care to children and adults in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond, both in our clinic and via telehealth.