Ten, sequenced and animated word recognition exercises focusing on fast and accurate decoding.
Practice decoding consonant-consonant-vowel-consonant (CCVC) and consonant-vowel-consonant-consonant (CVCC) words by decoding basic code graphemes into phonemes (speech sounds), and then blending the phonemes together to read the words.
Formatted in PDF (for print) and for Google Slides (for smart boards, iPads, and other devices, and to access the animations).
What next? Step up with these resources!
- CCVC Sentences: Is Stan a Brat?
- CVCC Sentences: Wendy has zest!
- Early sound blending practice: CCVCC words
- Decoding Polysyllabic Words in Sentences (Foundation): My Uncle Patrick is very clever
- Decoding Polysyllabic Words in Sentences: My Dad Does Several Silly Things
- Decoding Polysyllabic Words in Sentences: My Mother Is Impressive
- Decoding Polysyllabic Words in Sentences: My Grandmother is a Touch Unusual