Many children and other people who are learning English as a second language and/or who have developmental language delays have difficulties with correct word order in sentences. There are lots of sentence scaffolds out there. But few follow a typical developmental sequence designed to help struggling learners with the basics, step-by-step.
This bundle includes 8 of our most popular Sentence Builders, starting with simple Subject-Verb constructions (e.g. “The boy is jumping.”) through to Subject-Verb-Object-Adverbial Phrase level (e.g. “The boy is jumping on the trampoline at the park.”). The full sequence includes:
- Subject-Verb (SV) sentences;
- Subject-Verb-Object (SVO) sentences;
- Subject-Verb-Complement (SVC) sentences;
- Subject-Negative (‘Not’)-Verb (SNeg(not)V) sentences;
- Subject-Negative (‘Can’t’)-Verb (SNeg(can’t)V) sentences;
- Subject-Negative (‘Don’t’)-Verb (SNeg(don’t)V) sentences;
- Subject-Verb-Object-Adverbial Phrase (SVOA) sentences; and
- Subject-Verb-Negative (‘No’)-Object (SVNeg(no)O) sentences.
8 no-preparation, ready to use products, all tried and tested in our clinic. All in all, 171 scaffolded sentences with both picture and orthographic cues. And all for a discounted price!
Once mastered, students can progress smoothly to our forthcoming Sentence Builder Pack 2, targeting Subject-Verb-Object-Object and compound sentences. High-achieving students can go straight to our more advanced subordinating conjunction bundle, targeting sentences with complex syntax.