We come across many examples of poorly drafted, sloppy NDIS service agreements. We even saw one that wasn’t even drafted as a legal agreement!
It’s a shame.
Some service providers – including, surprisingly, some of the bigger NDIS providers and health providers – seem to think that service agreements are just red tape – something you need to print and sign as quickly as possible to get paid. We understand that perspective, although we disagree with it. Firmly.
Reputable NDIS providers know that well-drafted service agreements between themselves and NDIS participants are an opportunity to showcase their:
overall quality; and
most importantly, commitment to listening carefully to NDIS participants and providing them with high quality supports and services as per their NDIS Plan.
In an effort to make NDIS service agreements more professional and user-friendly, we have drafted this template in plain English and in a table format, to help both NDIS participants and NDIS providers to understand and to agree terms efficiently. The template is available in both Word and PDF.
This 16-page template is designed to help you respond to the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2023-24 (valid from 1 July 2023), the NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators, and the NDIS Act and Rules. The template sets out:
- what the document is;
- what the document does;
- the agreed supports and services;
- the costs of the supports and services;
- how and when the participant will pay the provider for the supports and services;
- the participant’s obligations;
- the provider’s obligations;
- what happens in the event of a cancellation of an appointment (including the seven day cancellation notice requirement);
- how reviews and changes will be made to the agreement;
- how a participant can raise a complaint;
- the length of the agreement; and
- general provisions including the Australian jurisdiction governing the agreement.
It can be used as a standalone template, which you can edit freely, or as part of your bigger risk management and compliance model.