Many programs (including ours) teach students how to write complex sentences. Other programs focus on text types, like narratives, recounts and procedures. But there are not many good workbooks helping students learn how to write great paragraphs.
Inspired by The Writing Revolution (Hochman & Wexler, 2017), this no-prep workbook is designed to support students of all years/grades to learn how to craft effective paragraphs. It features five, fully scripted modules:
- Module 1: Topic sentence identification
- Module 2: Writing supporting details
- Module 3: Writing strong topic sentences
- Module 4: Writing concluding sentences
- Module 5: Pulling it together: writing strong paragraphs
More than 95 pages in total!
To support people with additional language and learning needs, the modules feature topics that require a minimal amount of background knowledge, and include examples and scaffolds to help model and support students of all abilities.
For help writing complex sentences, check out our Think, Then Write (Volume 1).