LSVT LOUDTM is the first speech treatment with level 1 evidence and established efficacy for treating voice and speech disorders in individuals with Parkinson’s Disease.
LSVT LOUDTM improves both the voice and speech of individuals with Parkinson’s Disease by treating the underlying physical pathology associated with the disordered voice.
- Treatment focuses on improving vocal loudness and immediate carryover into daily communication enabling patients to maintain and/or improve their oral communication.
- LSVT LOUDTM is administered on an intensive schedule of 16 individual, 60 minute sessions over a one-month period.
- 90% of clients improve vocal loudness from pre- to post-treatment.
- Approximately 80% of patients maintain treatment improvements in their voice for 12-24 months post-treatment.
- All patients report improvement in their ability to communicate.
- LSVT LOUDTM is being successfully delivered by over 10,000 certified LSVT clinicians in 52 countries.*
Please note: because it is a high intensity program, clients attending LVST LOUDTM require an Ear Nose and Throat specialist (ENT) referral or clearance before treatment commences.
For details about LSVT LOUDTM including the cost of the 17 session program (including an initial assessment), please contact us on (02) 8757-3838 or email@example.com.
More information: www.LSVTGlobal.com
* Source: LSVT Global.
Ramig, L., Sapir, S., Countryman S., Pawlas, A., O’Brien, C., Hoehn, M., & Thompson, L. (2001). Intensive voice treatment (LSVT) for individuals with Parkinson disease: A two-year follow-up. J. Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry. 71, 493- 498.
Ramig, L., Sapir, S., Fox, C., & Countryman, S. (2001). Changes in vocal intensity following intensive voice treatment (LSVT) in individuals with Parkinson disease: A comparison with untreated patients and normal age-matched controls. Movement Disorders, 16, 79-83.
- Banter now certified to provide LSVT LOUD
- Parkinson’s Disease: common voice and speech problems and what can be done about them
- People with Parkinson’s in Sydney: grab those dancing shoes and get moving!
- Can LSVT LOUD help people with Parkinson’s Disease swallow safely?
- A voice treatment for Parkinson’s Disease that works: LSVT LOUD (radio interview)
Hi there, I’m David Kinnane.
Principal Speech Pathologist, Banter Speech & Language
Our talented team of certified practising speech pathologists provide unhurried, personalised and evidence-based speech pathology care to children and adults in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond, both in our clinic and via telehealth.