This /j/ (“y”) (initial and medial) speech sound pack features:
- a video-model of the sound in isolation with phonetic cues;
- high frequency, functional words, with orthography and pictures;
- audio models of the sound used in words in initial and medial positions; and
- audio models and written scripts of sentences featuring each of the words.
The pack includes a 10-page PDF, 4 audio files (mp3) and a video (mp4), which you can use in your sessions, and share with your clients/students for homework practice.
You can also copy the pack and open it in Google Slides to look at the slides, and play the video and audio files on screen, for easy telehealth and distance learning sessions.
Audio and video models feature female Australian-accented Banter Speech & Language speech pathologists.
Bonus: access to our ‘Clear Speech Essentials’ eBook including information about:
- speech sound disorders and when to be concerned;
- why speech delays matter;
- whether evidence-based speech therapy works;
- different kinds of speech sound disorders;
- what speech pathologists assess and how they assess speech; and
- what speech pathologists do in speech therapy.
For more information about consonant acquisition, read our article here.
To read about 10 common speech error patterns, check out our article here.