Is your child starting school in 2022?
If so, we’ve written a school readiness essentials resource pack designed to help you and your child to make the most of your next few months together to get ready for big school.
Why does school readiness matter?
School readiness predicts academic outcomes (e.g. Snow, 2006); and is a strong indicator of ongoing and future success (e.g. Prior et al., 1993). A child’s oral language competencies (listening and talking) and pre-reading skills are key predictors of school readiness (Prior et al., 2011; Dilnot et al., 2017).
We’ve selected 10 oral language and three bonus pre-literacy resources written specifically for children starting school next year (over 300 pages of resources). All chosen by our speech pathologists to help support your child’s oral language and pre-literacy development before school starts next year.
Looking for more information and resources?
Check out our 20-module self-paced course: The School Readiness Language Workshop
Read our free guides and articles:
- Getting ready to read at big school: a free guide for families with preschoolers
- Is your child ready for school? Focusing on what matters most
- Is your child ready for school? What Kindergarten teachers say
- Reading with – not to – your preschoolers: how to do it better (and why)
- Free language and reading information and resources for preschoolers to help make things better for everyone in the family – including you!
- Preparing your preschooler to learn to read: skills to focus on first
- Teaching the alphabet to your child? Here’s what you need to know