Over the next 14 weeks, David will be lecturing final year speech pathology students at the University of Technology Sydney. While he does that, our team will be making a series of jargon-lite, evidence-based infographics for families about pragmatic language.
We start this week with the very basics:
What is ‘pragmatic language’? The social use of language.
- Pragmatic language for 5-11 year-olds includes (at least) 27 observable behaviours
- Key behaviours to look for in the pragmatic (social) language development of children aged 0-5 years
- Helping Children with Pragmatic (Social) Language Challenges. Some Evidence-based Themes
- 5 tips for using video self-modelling to improve pragmatic language skills
- Play-based, peer-mediated pragmatic language intervention for school-aged children
- Planning a play date for your child during the school holidays?
- Project-based Pragmatic Language Interventions: The SENSE Theatre
Hi there, I’m David Kinnane.
Principal Speech Pathologist, Banter Speech & Language
Our talented team of certified practising speech pathologists provide unhurried, personalised and evidence-based speech pathology care to children and adults in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond, both in our clinic and via telehealth.