We don’t talk enough about speech pathology systems in private practice.
“Systems” seem boring. But they free you from drudgery; give you time and energy to grow as a professional, and amplify your reach.
⬆️ team work.
⬆️ service quality
⬇️ duplication and waste
⬆️ staff efficiency
⬆️ workplace safety.
- connect your mission, strategy, and people goals, to operations;
- map workflows and clarify decision rights;
- adapt continuously to feedback and change;
- support growth;
- do not rely on willpower or mood; and
- include redundancy and back ups for resilience.
At a minimum, we recommend systems for:
- risk management;
- bookings, cancellations and waitlists;
- assessments and therapy;
- client complaints, feedback and conduct;
- staff screening, onboarding and conduct;
- decision rights and supervision;
- infection control;
- privacy and health records;
- incident reporting;
- child safety;
- escalation procedures;
- strategy and business planning; and
- performance appraisals.
Could your systems do with an upgrade for 2022?
Click to access our comprehensive libraries of downloadable:
- practice templates, policies, procedures, and forms; and
- speech, language, stuttering, reading and writing therapy resources.
If you’re launching (or re-launching) your business, you may like to check out our SLP Clinic Templates Manual.
Hi there, I’m David Kinnane.
Principal Speech Pathologist, Banter Speech & Language
Our talented team of certified practising speech pathologists provide unhurried, personalised and evidence-based speech pathology care to children and adults in the Inner West of Sydney and beyond, both in our clinic and via telehealth.